Dear Lovely Scoopsters,
We are thinking of you all so much in this surreal time. Staying at home can be lovely in many ways but it’s so important we have things to do and we keep busy and engaged, for our minds, our bodies and our spirits. So we have put together a list of a few ideas of things to do and people to watch and other places to go for activities to do at home. If you have any more great ideas please do share with us and we can share on social.
We hope you all keep safe and happy.
Authors and Illustrators to follow on Instagram:
- Rob Biddulph– draw with Rob
- Mo Willems– draw with Mo
- Oliver Jeffers– reading a book a day live
- Carson Ellis – lovely drawing assignments on her blog
- Piers Torday – writing tips for kids
- School of Bob – creative projects
Audio books apps and websites
- Audible– free audio books for kids at the moment
- Pickatale– audio app for kids
- Fabled Kids-create and publish kids work
Fitness, mental health and being outside
- PE with Joe Wicks on you tube every morning
- Cosmic Yoga – engaging yoga for kids
- Smiling Mind website– meditation for kids
- Grow Veg channel on You Tube
Some great websites:
Stop motion videos: https://apps.apple.com/au/app/stop-motion-studio/id441651297
Create and publish your own books and comics: scribbliest.com
Bedtime stories: Goodnight with Dolly
our own SCOOP ideas:
- Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with book reviews, illustrations and cover designs to see your work published in the magazine or on our website. Remember to mention your name and age when you send!
- Coming soon: printable mini magazines to make yourself and great activities from James Doyle.
- Choose a theme every day to draw/sculpt/paint and then at the end of the week create a gallery at home
- Interview family members at home and on skype and create a story or poem around what they say
- Learn a poem a week
- Have a disco
- Write film and book reviews. Tips here: https://www.mensaforkids.org/teach/lesson-plans/book-review-guide/